[Gdal-dev] compiling GDAL 1.2.0 on Cygwin

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Mon Mar 29 15:37:14 EST 2004

When I ./configure under Cygwin it fails with:
    checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
    configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
    See `config.log' for more details.
And the config.log says:
    | 	Syntax error
    configure:4584: result: /lib/cpp
    configure:4608: /lib/cpp  conftest.cc
    ./configure: line 1: /lib/cpp: No such file or directory
    configure:4614: $? = 127
    configure: failed program was:
    | /* confdefs.h.  */

GDAL 1.1.9 configures successfully under this Cygwin installation.

And a second question - are there any guidelines for preparing a binary
distribution of GDAL. I am asking because Markus Neteler asked me if I
could create a 'gdal.tar.gz' to be simply unpacked from Cygwin root.

Richard Greenwood
www.greenwoodmap.com