[Gdal-dev] Re: OGR C API question

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 30 23:08:47 EST 2004

Etienne Dube wrote:
> You're right... I was looking in the wrong file. But is the PostgreSQL driver
> page up to date (http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/ogr/drv_pg.html) ? It
> says: "Some features are not implemented properly. For instance, spatial
> filtering is broken." If so, what exactly is broken in spatial filtering?

Etienne,

I think this is old information.  I have removed that comment.

> I'll look into that. By the way, I'm developing a GPS mapping app for
> Qt/Embedded (on an HP iPAQ running Familiar Linux). I've got to get a few
> basic features done in the next three weeks (it's for an undergraduate
> engineering design project, which is due (too) soon) but after that, I'm
> going to release it under the GPL. I plan to add sqlite support to OGR, as
> Postgres is not really intented for embedded use. It won't be ready anytime
> soon, but eventually I'd like to contribute these improvements back to the
> OGR cvs tree.

Cool.  I looked at sqlite a couple years ago and it looked nice, though it had
(has?) no spatial support.

> Oh, and thank you for developing and especially sharing freely such an useful
> piece of software. It does wonders for my project.

Thanks.  I like to think of myself as an enabling component provider for lots
of interesting projects (commercial and non-commercial).