[Gdal-dev] A fusion tool

Mario Beauchamp starged at videotron.ca
Mon May 3 21:57:22 EDT 2004

Hi,

I would like to share a tool for OpenEV that does fusions of RGB and panchromatic images. It still
needs some improvements but I am stuck... the results vary from scene to scene and I don't know why
yet. Maybe someone will see what I missed. I am still new at Python programming so it may not be the
neatiest code you've seen...

The tool does normal fusions as well as "color corrected" fusions (which is the part that is not
quite working yet). This is intended for "true-color" fusion using Landsat ETM+ bands 3-2-1 as the
RGB and band 8 as the panchromatic, something quite difficult to achieve. I have put 3 images of
somewhat good true-color fusions here:
http://pages.infinit.net/starged/landsat/fusion/

The tool is here:
http://pages.infinit.net/starged/openev/fusion.py

Any suggestions to improve it are welcome and in fact greatly encouraged :)

Thank you for your attention
--
Mario B.
My Landsat images: