[Gdal-dev] ArcSDE raster driver for gdal

Jay Cable jcable at gi.alaska.edu
Thu May 13 16:49:20 EDT 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

=> > Which leads me to my question: Has anyone implemented an arcsde
=> > raster driver for gdal?   Are there any plans to do so in the future?
=>
=> Jay,
=>
=> I have a general interest in implementing this but no funding party, and
=> perhaps more importantly, I don't have access to ArcSDE.  I don't have the
=> software running here.  However, if you were interested in implementing a
=> driver, I would be willing to provide some support.
=>

I am pretty interested in making a driver.  It would be a lot of use to
our organization and hopefully other folks would find it useful.  I have
started looking at it, and from the gdal side, it seems fairly straight
forward.

A question though - could you point me to one of the existing drivers
that would make the best model for the arcsde raster driver?

My thanks,
  -Jay