[Gdal-dev] WinCE port

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Tue May 18 04:32:21 EDT 2004

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 02:47:29PM -0700, Leonard, Jake wrote:
> We currently use proj4 and gdal in our desktop applications here.  We
> are looking into doing coordinate system transformations on handhelds
> now (specifically pocketpc 2003)(we would be needing the ogr part of
> gdal, but none of the raster stuff right now).  I started playing
> around trying to get proj4 to compile for pocketpc and realized that
> it is more than a trivial task.  I am curious if anyone out there has
> done something like this.  If anyone has code/tips/etc on this port, I
> would appreciate them before I start the job.

I have tried to use Embedded VC 4.0 with the libtiff library and found a
big problem: how to deduce the compiler used to build the code? MSVC
defines _MSC_VER constant which can be used to identify the compiler.
Does something similar exist for the embedded edition, which can be used
to distinguish it from other compilers and from the 'normal' MSVC? Or we
should use manually defined flag in the configuration files?

						Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517