[Gdal-dev] OGR OGDI VPF Question

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 1 09:31:53 EST 2004

William Lyons wrote:
> Hi list,
>

> Is OGDI meant to read VPF or is it meant to read VMap?
>
> I have successfully read VMap level 0 and 1 but I tried to read other
> VPF products (DTOP, VITD, and FFD) which resulted in crashes.

William,

I have successfully used OGDI with VITD and at least parts of FFD as I recall.
It is intended to be a general VPF product reader, but you may experience
problems with some more esoteric products.  If you run into problems, and
can provide data samples that demonstrate the problems please submit bug
reports into the OGDI bug tracker.