[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.2.4 RC1 available for testing.

Alessandro Amici alexamici at fastwebnet.it
Sat Nov 6 10:19:38 EST 2004

Frank,

On Friday 05 November 2004 19:32, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> I have cut a release candidate for GDAL 1.2.4.  If anyone can try it out
> today and let me know about problems I would appreciate it.

did you notice that the libtool and non-libtool build produce a different
filename for the versioned library?

--without-libtool -> /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so.1.2.4

--with-libtool -> /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so.1.6.0

that has already happened in previous releases, on debian i have gdal 1.2.1
and /usr/lib/libgdal.so.1.3.0.

the libtool numbers are derived from GDALmake.opt:
LIBGDAL_CURRENT := 6
LIBGDAL_REVISION := 0
LIBGDAL_AGE  := 5
which, as far i can judge, are set to correct values.

what to do now?
if i were you i would name both 1.6.0 (you certainly can't go back with
soversioning after three releases!)

cheers,
alessandro

BTW: the libtool build survived a make -j 200 ;)