[Gdal-dev] Enhancement to access Arc/Info Binrary Grid in zip file

Kevin Ruland kruland at ku.edu
Wed Nov 10 13:43:24 EST 2004

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a little while and am a relatively new user of the
GDAL library.  Please excuse any "neubies" I might make.

I'm in the process of cataloging all of our raster datasets and am
troubled by the Arc/Info multiple file setup.  Keeping track of multiple
files is significantly harder than tracking them all in, say, a zip
file.  I was wondering if anyone has considered storing these
multi-resource formats in a container of some kind, what the
implications are, and if it would even be worthwile to persue.

Thanks much.

Kevin Ruland
Biodiversity Research Center
University of Kansas