[Gdal-dev] Re: gdalwarp nodata

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 15 13:15:47 EST 2004

Richard Greenwood wrote:
> Following up on a couple things:
>
> 1. The new gdalwarp alpha channel support works great. I built on
> windows. It does not automatically detect alpha channels created by
> Photoshop or AutoCAD CadOverlay, but specifying the  -srcalpha switch
> does the trick.

Richard,

Could you provide a sample file to me directly that has this problem?

> 2. In my previous email I described an error : 'UnsignedInt16 is not
> defined' when trying to run your Python script under the FWTools0.9.3
> binary distribution environment. I have since installed Python 2.3.4,
> Numeric 23.6, and built gdal 1.2.4 cvs w/ HAVE_NUMPY=1. The script now
> runs, but which of the above changes got it running I am not sure. I
> am sort of suspicious of the:
>      set PYTHONPATH=%FWTOOLS_DIR%\pymod;%FWTOOLS_DIR%\numpy
> line in setfwenv.bat because there is no 'numby' directory.

This is a problem with the FWtools distributino.  The Numeric tree is
quite old and slightly different names were used for a few things in the
old version as opposed to now. I have a bug report open to fix this, either
to make GDAL handle either gracefully, or to upgrade the FWTools
distribution.