[Gdal-dev] linking error with gdal 1.2.4 dll

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Nov 15 20:58:44 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to link code against the gdal12.dll file that is built with
nmake.  I am getting a linking error from MSVC++6.0 that says:
c:\GDALBuild\bin\gdal12.dll: fatal error LNK1136: invalid or corrupt
file.  Error executing link.exe.

I have tried building the dll cleanly several times and I can't figure
out why VC++6.0 (nmake) builds the dll without error but then won't
allow me to link against it.  I have tried this with 1.2.4 and 1.2.3
with the same result.  Has anyone seen this error or know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chad Berkley
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis
berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu