[Gdal-dev] GDAL install help

Matthew Perry mtperry78 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 16 22:55:10 EST 2004

Hi folks,

   We're trying to get OpenDAP/Mapserver integration
here at Humboldt State University for the CI-CORE
project (Center for Integrative Coastal Observation,
Research and Education).

I have been using GDAL for a while but never had to
install it before. We're trying for GDAL 1.2.4 with
DODS support. I am testing it on a Slackware Linux PC
server. I run the following configure::

./configure --with-dods-root=/usr/local/DODS
--with-pg=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config
--with-geos=/usr/local/bin/geos-config
--with-prefix=/usr/local

and all looks well. When I run make, I get a make
error::

make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/src/gdal-1.2.4/gcore'
g++ -c   -DINST_DATA=\"\" \
        gdaldrivermanager.cpp -o gdaldrivermanager.o
gdaldrivermanager.cpp: In destructor `virtual
   GDALDriverManager::~GDALDriverManager()':
gdaldrivermanager.cpp:209: `CPLFreeConfig' undeclared
(first use this function)
gdaldrivermanager.cpp:209: (Each undeclared identifier
is reported only once
   for each function it appears in.)
gdaldrivermanager.cpp:215: `OSRCleanup' undeclared
(first use this function)
make[1]: *** [gdaldrivermanager.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/gdal-1.2.4/gcore'
make: *** [core-target] Error 2

The problem is that it can't find $(INST_DATA), right?
Do you have any suggestions about where I might begin
my research?? Or is there just something obvious that
I'm missing?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Matthew Perry
Humboldt State University