[Gdal-dev] OGR with Geos in Windows?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 24 12:59:46 EST 2004

Rodrigo Aceves wrote:
> I'm trying to build OGR (GDAL) in Windows, but I can't figure it out how.
> Any ideas?

Rodrigo,

Is your problem with building GDAL/OGR itself or specifically with including
geos support?  GDAL/OGR building is covered briefly at:

   http://gdal.org/gdal_building.html

I have never built with GEOS support on windows yet.  To do so I imagine you
would need to ensure that HAVE_GEOS is defined (-DHAVE_GEOS=1 in OPTFLAGS
for instance), and that the directory above the geos include directory is
in the include path. Then link in the geos library (put it in ADD_LIBS
variable in nmake.opt).

As far as I know, geos itself doesn't have a vc makefile, so you may have
a bit of effort at that end.

I really should add it to my FWTools builds for windows at which time I
would add it more properly as an option in nmake.opt.