[Gdal-dev] Buid error with Kakadu on Windows

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 24 16:52:58 EST 2004

Gao wrote:
> I am trying build GDAL with Kakadu, and getting the following error:
>
> F:\gdal-1.2.3\frmts>cd jp2kak   && nmake /NOLOGO /f makefile.vc   && cd ..
>         cl /nologo /Zi /MD /EHsc /Fd..\..\gdal.pdb -I..\..\port -I..\..\ogr -I..
> \..\gcore  -I..\..\alg -IF:\gdal-1.2.3\codec\jp2\common /DKDU_PENTIUM_MSVC /GX /
> c jp2kakdataset.cpp
> jp2kakdataset.cpp
> jp2kakdataset.cpp(140) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'jp2_local
> .h': No such file or directory
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
> Stop.
>
> I have Kakadu V4.0. It has the following directory structure:
>
> coding
> common
> compressed
> kernels
> messaging
> parameters
> roi
> transform
> makefile (file)
>
> I can't find jp2_local.h anywhere.

Peng,

In my Kakadu 4.0.2 distribution jp2_local.h was found in the apps/jp2
directory.  Do you not have it there?  Unfortunately, the windows Kakadu
related build stuff is pretty sloppy.  I honestly never thought more than
one or two people would go through the trouble of getting a license for
Kakadu so they could build it, so I never made any effort make building
sensible.  Of course, it didn't help that Kakadu treats a whack of their
stuff as "application specific" and not part of the base library.

Given that you are a licensee I can provide my copy of the Kakadu code extracted
and built in a single directory as a bunch of object files if you would like.
That should "shortcut" what might otherwise be a bunch of hassles getting
the Kakadu to build.