[Gdal-dev] Modifying OGR geometry in place

Petteri Packalen packalen at cs.joensuu.fi
Mon Nov 29 03:19:37 EST 2004

Hi

I'm switching from shapelib to OGR and I don't understand how geometry can
be modified in place. My purpose is to modify z-values of the point file.

The current approach is as follows:

   1. I create a copy of input file by using CopyDataSource(). This
      will be the output file where z-value is modified.

   2. I loop through the features by using GetNextFeature() method.

   3. This is unclear for me. How can I fetch the geometry object from
      feature such a way that I can manipulate it and write back to the
      disk? Or is this even possible (or should I create a completely new
      feature)?

It is also unclear for me that what will be the update mode of created
data source after CopyDataSource()?

Thanks in advance,

Petteri

Petteri Packalén                   "There are two major products that
University of Joensuu               came out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
Faculty of Forestry                 We don't believe this to be a
P.O. Box 111                        coincidence."  -- J.S. Anderson
80101 Joensuu
Finland                            "There still remains a question: Which
e-mail: packalen at cs.joensuu.fi      caused the other?"