[Gdal-dev] TIFF with JPEG compression on Win32

Julien Demaria dem at acri-st.fr
Fri Oct 1 09:50:10 EDT 2004

Hi,

I don't know why but my gdal Win32 build doesn't support read or write TIFF
with JPEG compression, but my Linux and Solaris builds work well :

read error:
Input file size is 2044, 1704
0.ERROR 1: JPEGLib:JPEG parameter struct mismatch: library thinks size is
464, caller expects 432
Assertion failed: sp->cinfo.comm.is_decompressor, file tif_jpeg.c, line 606

write error:
Input file size is 2044, 1704
0.ERROR 1: JPEGLib:JPEG parameter struct mismatch: library thinks size is
376, caller expects 360
ERROR 1: JPEGLib:Improper call to JPEG library in state 0
ERROR 1: TIFFWriteScanline failed.
ERROR 1: JPEGLib:JPEG parameter struct mismatch: library thinks size is
376, caller expects 360

I compile my Win32 build with VC6 with netCDF, MrSID 4 and Kakadu support
and with /Ox /MD /EHsc flags and /NODEFAULTLIB:LIBC linker flag.

I've tested with the OpenEV_FW 1.8.2 package and it works well...

If anyone has ideas of the causes, or similar problem....

Thanks in advance,

Julien