[Gdal-dev] Windows build from CVS

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Oct 8 11:49:27 EDT 2004

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

>> frmts\hdf4\hdf-eos\makefile.vc
>>
>> This did not have CRLF endings, and nmake was choking on it as a result.
>

> I have recommitted with DOS CRLF text conventions.
>
>  > And another one: nmake.opt
>  >
>  > On further inspection, it looks like there were LFCRLF triplets for each
>  > line.
>
> Hmm, I took a look at this and I don't see this problem.  Any idea why
> yours
> might come out of CVS different than mine?

This may have something to do with the fact that the Windows CVS client
does some linefeed conversions as you checkout or commit a file. All
text files in the CVS server are stored in Unix format, and the Windows
CVS client takes care of linefeed conversions for Windows users. If you
commit files with funky linefeeds from Linux then that could lead to the
kind of problems you see here. (I've seen that problem before, I'm just
not sure what had happened exactly.)

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca