[Gdal-dev] adjust colors

Gillian Walter gillian.walter at atlantis-scientific.com
Tue Oct 12 11:37:44 EDT 2004

You might be able to use gdal_translate with the "-scale" option instead,
if you knew in advance how much you wanted to rescale by (eg. if you opened
the image in OpenEV, played with the scale min/max settings until you liked
them, and used those).  You might have to split the bands out first though,
since I don't know if you can specify separate scaling ranges for each
band.  You could use vrt as an intermediate format to save space:

eg.
gdal_translate -of VRT -b 1 -scale 100 200 test.tif b1.vrt
gdal_translate -of VRT -b 2 -scale 50 200 test.tif b2.vrt
gdal_translate -of VRT -b 3 -scale 10 200 test.tif b3.vrt
<edit b1.vrt to contain the VRTRasterBand sections of b2.vrt and b3.vrt as
well>
gdal_translate -of GTiff b1.vrt output.tif

Note: the above would translate the a source value of 100 to a destination
value of 0 and 200 to 255 for the first band, a source value of 50 to a
destination value of 0 for the second band, etc.

- Gillian