[Gdal-dev] gdal_translate new picture won't draw

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 13 10:31:30 EDT 2004

Dobmeyer, Todd wrote:
> Thank you for your continued help. I have gotten it set up so it can
> create the file that I would like it to do. But when I try to open the
> file, it says that the Drawing Failed. I am just using Windows Picture
> and Fax Viewer, but it is able to show the original picture. Why is this
> picture then undrawable? I typed in my line correctly.
>

> gdal_translate -srcwin 5400 5400 9000 1800 land_shallow_topo_west.tif
> test.tif

Todd,

There are a variety of possible reasons, and you haven't provided much
detail on the nature of the file you are producing.  I *suspect* it is
a multi-band (ie. RGB) file and is using the default GDAL band interleaving.
Try the following and see if it helps.

gdal_translate -srcwin 5400 5400 9000 1800 -co "INTERLEAVE=PIXEL" \
                land_shallow_topo_west.tif test.tif