[Gdal-dev] Information about GML to WKT/WKB to GML

Caron, Roberto CaronR at AGR.GC.CA
Wed Oct 13 11:39:03 EDT 2004

Hi guys,

      I'm working for Agriculture Canada on a GIS Project. I am involved
to develop a component that will be an interface to some systems who
will request information in GML format to ArcSDE and another product
using Open Source Geometry JTS/JUMP. I've been told these products only
accept WKT/WKB format. To make a long story short, here are all possible
scenarios and my component should take care all of them:

      - Receive GMLs from client, convert to WKT or WKB, call ArcSDE to
produce an Intersection let's say and return back the result in GML to
client;

      - Receive GMLs from client, convert to WKT or WKB, call JTS/JUMP
to produce an Intersection let's say and return back the result in GML
to client;

      - Receive WKT or WKB from client, call JTS/JUMP to produce an
Intersection let's say and return back the result in GML to client;

      - Receive WKT or WKB from client, call ArcSDE to produce an
Intersection let's say and return back the result in GML to client;

      - Receive WKT or WKB from client, call JTS/JUMP to produce an
Intersection let's say and return back the result in WKT or WKB to
client;

      - Receive WKT or WKB from client, call ArcSDE to produce an
Intersection let's say and return back the result in WKT or WKB to
client;

      In hoping this will explain a little more what I wish to do.

      Thank you in advance

      Best Regards

      Roberto Caron

      Fujitsu Consulting