[Gdal-dev] OGRSpatialReference: ERROR 1: geocentric transformation missing z or ellps

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Oct 25 10:29:29 EDT 2004

Reiner Beck wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> digging further into the reported problem, it appears that the
> previously reported error was due to naming conflicts between a method
> in the Proj.4 Library and another lib on my system (geotrans). The
> function "Set_Geocentric_Parameters(double, double)" is apparently
> defined in both libraries. (It seems that the Proj.4 code originates
> from the geotrans code.)  And the executable used the wrong version ...
>
> - Is it possible to introduce a name space (at least for C++ users) and
> the Proj.4 library/functions?

Reiner,

Yikes!  Sorry about that.  I have added a pj_ prefix for all the functions
in geocent.c.  This will be in the next release.

> - In addition to that, there's an issue with the Proj.4 lib creation:
>  The README states: "Programmers may use projection library with calls
> to pj_init, pj_fwd, pj_inv and pj_transform."
>  However, the shared library does not contain those functions. I have to
> manually add the objects (geod_inv.lo geod_set.lo geod_for.lo) to the
> "libproj_la_LIBADD" parameter ...

I don't understand.  The geod_ files are for geodetic distance calculations.
I'm not sure what they have to do with pj_init, pj_fwd, pj_inv and pj_transform.
Are you saying that functions like pj_init() don't make it into your library
unless you add the geod files?  I find this very surprising, and I will need
more information on this before I can do anything.