[Gdal-dev] Python modules fail to compile on MAC OS X

Zak James zak-ms at hoppsan.org
Sat Sep 25 19:01:31 EDT 2004

Allesandro,

On OS X 10.3.5 with the supplied Python 2.3, os.name returns "posix".

In any case, I think what the patch is trying to do is erroneous. The
libgdal dynamic library should have an extension of dylib
(corresponding to Mach-O dynamically linked shared library ppc) but the
python module needs to be a loadable module. The convention for these
'bundle' files is to use the .so extension corresponding to Mach-O
bundle ppc.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

zak