[Gdal-dev] update TIFF compressed files in place

Julien Demaria dem at acri-st.fr
Mon Sep 27 10:58:21 EDT 2004

Andrey,

I work with CVS GDAL and play with the new feature "update TIFF compressed
files in place" with gdalwarp ; my little tests work well except with a RGB
file with JPEG compression :

Warning 1: JPEGLib:Application transferred too many scanlines
ERROR 1: JPEGLib:Improper call to JPEG library in state 101
Warning 1: JPEGLib:Application transferred too many scanlines
ERROR 1: JPEGLib:Improper call to JPEG library in state 101
Warning 1: JPEGLib:Application transferred too many scanlines

and the resulting file is wrong.

If I want to create a pixel interleaved file (-co INTERLEAVE=PIXEL) I have
another error :

Warning 1: JPEGLib:Application transferred too many scanlines
gdalwarp: tif_jpeg.c:651: JPEGPreDecode: Assertion
`sp->cinfo.comm.is_decompressor' failed.

and the resulting file is all black...

Thanks in advance,

Julien