[Gdal-dev] Problems using ogr -sql "..." with postgis 1.0

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 09:11:07 EDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 7:05 AM, Asger Petersen <asger at jo-informatik.dk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm having some trouble using the -sql option with postgis 1.0rc4.
>
> As far as I can see, the -sql option works with postgis 0.91 but it
> doesn't work with postgis 1.0rc4. I have looked through gdal- and
> postgismailinglists without seeing anyone mentioning this.
>
> When trying to dump from postgis to shapefiles I get shapefiles with all
> nullgeometries. See below.

Asger,

Sorry, but I haven't had the time to setup PostGIS 1.0 yet.  I would
suggest you file the bug in bugzilla.   I don't know how long it will
be till I can look into this though.

I find it funny (well perhaps that isn't exactly the right word) how
PostGIS (from an OGR point of view) was stable for through many
pre 1.0 revision, but then when things leaped to 1.0 release candidates
lots of backward incompatible changes were apparently made.  Of course,
some of the problems may be related to PostgreSQL 8.0.  But I feel quite
bad about not having dug into these problems.