[Gdal-dev] Problem getting ECW SDK 3.1 working with gdal

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu Apr 7 14:57:17 EDT 2005

Thom,

  You're likely right, I probably did a few other things (my memory has no
parity!).

>From reading the Microsoft page, it appears you would be ok  installing the
Windows 2003 Server SDK since is says it supports Windows XP, but I had to
read it a couple of time to be sure!

I did a search of my copy of the ECW SDK and I see that I commented out the
following at line 348 of Source\C\NCSUtil\malloc.c:

#ifndef _WIN32_WCE
// HMODULE hLib = LoadLibrary(TEXT("kernel32.dll")); //BWF
// if(hLib) {
//  FARPROC pProc = GetProcAddress(hLib, TEXT("GlobalMemoryStatusEx"));
//
//  if(pProc) {
//   MEMORYSTATUSEX MemoryStatus;
//   MemoryStatus.dwLength = sizeof(MEMORYSTATUSEX);
//   pProc(&MemoryStatus);
//   nTotalPhysicalMemory = MemoryStatus.ullTotalPhys;
//  }
//  FreeLibrary(hLib);
// }
#endif // _WIN32_WCE

Although I'm not sure if that's necessary.  I'll try to do a fresh compile
with GDAL 1.2.6 (cvs tarball 20050405)

Brent