[Gdal-dev] Fetching path to /usr[/local]/share/gdal?

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 10:12:42 EDT 2005

On Apr 12, 2005 6:09 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have made a few modifications to the GRASS/GDAL
> plugin to enable projection support. Seems to work so
> far:
> To finish it (before submitting patches) I would
> like to know how to fetch the path to /usr[/local]/share/gdal?
> Certainly simple, but I don't find the related CPL function.
> For now I have it hardcoded in frmts/grass/grass57dataset.cpp.

Markus,

Normally this could be found using the call:

  CPLGetConfigOption( "GDAL_DATA", "/usr/local/share/gdal" );

However, if you are using it to find the .csv files, this is normally
accomplished by calling CSVFilename("pcs.csv") and letting it
find the files.

Perhaps you should submit the patches as is, since I will almost
certainly want to fiddle with some of how this is handled.