[Gdal-dev] convert HDF ASTER to geotiff

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Sat Apr 30 02:41:37 EDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 01:18:15PM -0700, Jon Saints wrote:
> Hi, I am new to GDAL. I have had some success converting hdf to tif
> using gdal_translate.
>
> i have not been able to apply a coorsys to the new tif image.  has
> anyone any expirience with this sort of thing?

ASTER scenes are georeferenced with GCP points, that means you should
use gdalwarp to transform the scene in desirable projection and extent.
And you definitely need the latest CVS snapshot of GDAL sources where
the proper functionality has been implemented.

Regards,
Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5970603  ICQ# 26871517