[Gdal-dev] ECW "Rotational Coefficients Ignored"

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 10:40:50 EDT 2005

On 8/5/05, Dan Greve <grevedan at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Does this mean the input images need to be warped to North-Up?  What are the
> rotational coefficients ignored?  I'm trying to convert a NITF into an ECW
> with gdal_translate and no special switches.  I get the same error for
> JP2ECW and ECW.

Dan,

Yes, it means that either the source file has to be north up, or the
coordinate information needs to be discarded.

It might be possible to work around this via use of a world file.

For JP2 files, the JP2ECW driver could likely be modified to avoid
emitting the ERMapper GML header and instead generate the
geotiff-in-jpeg2000 header which can support rotated images.  But
some potentially non-trivial code changes would be required.