[Gdal-dev] Importing VMAP0 into PostGIS database; Was: Custom scenery integration

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Aug 10 08:41:00 EDT 2005

Frank,

this is timely.  I'm interested in the vmap0 data also.  I downloaded
v0sas and extracted it, then used ogrinfo that is built with the most
recent version of FGS ... it has OGDI support (as of yesterday) and no
core dump ;) with ogrinfo --formats, but it refuses to open the dataset
using the syntax you listed below.  So I d/l and extracted your dataset
and tried ... again, no joy :S

pspencer at merlin /home/common/vmap0 $ ogrinfo
gltp:/home/common/vmap0/v0eur/vmaplv0/eurnasia 'crop at veg*_area' -so
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource
`gltp:/home/common/vmap0/v0eur/vmaplv0/eurnasia' with the following drivers.
   -> ESRI Shapefile
   -> UK .NTF
   -> SDTS
   -> TIGER
   -> S57
   -> MapInfo File
   -> DGN
   -> VRT
   -> AVCBin
   -> REC
   -> Memory
   -> CSV
   -> GML
   -> ODBC
   -> OGDI
   -> PostgreSQL
   -> MySQL

any ideas?  Am I missing some option in OGDI?

Paul