[Gdal-dev] Re: MrSID on MapServer w/ FWTools 0.9.9

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 10:03:48 EDT 2005

On windows, it seems that when GDAL_DRIVER_PATH is set as an
environment variable, mapserver is not reading it, but when set in the
map file with:
   CONFIG GDAL_DRIVER_PATH "F:\FWTools0.9.9\gdal_plugins"
thing work. I have tested this on Wondows 2000 and XP, with several
variations of quoted/non-quoted, forwardSlash/backSlash,
driveLetter/noDriveLetter. Gdalinfo see the environment variable,
mapserver does not.

I must admit that the distinction between 'gdal_plugins' and 'plugins'
 had me chasing my tail for a bit.

Unfortunatley, now that mapserver/gdal is processing my sid file, I
get the following error after a few seconds:
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'color2004'.
MrSIDRasterBand::IRasterIO(): Failed to load image. mg2 somethi:
Unable to access file. GDALRasterIO() failed: drawGDAL()

Getting this file to display in mapserver is not a big deal for me, so
please don't put undue effort into addressing my problem. I am trying
to help a small rural county access some federally produced imagery.
I'd prefer not to use MrSID, but I have had mrsiddecode decoding this
file for 5.5 days now, and it's only 40% of the way thru it.

Best regards,
Rich

--
Richard Greenwood