[Gdal-dev] CADRG Problem

Alan Ott alan at signal11.us
Wed Aug 17 11:13:42 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have just recently started using GDAL to view CADRG data. I have
several sets of data, and GDAL is able to load some of them perfectly. I
am having trouble, however, with the data I downloaded from
http://www.aeroplanner.com/cadrg/ (click the "Sample CADRG (2.78MB)" for
a zip file). I put one of the files here
(http://www.signal11.us/~alan/001DR00B.LF2) for download convenience.

The files load fine in Rockware's Global Mapper software
(http://www.rockware.com . free trial download available), but produce
weird images in my application. The weird images I get correlate with
images produced by OSSIM's ivew and OpenEV 1.8 In (which uses
GDAL).terestingly, ivew and OpenEV Seem to produce very similar images
to one another (while not correct).

You can see screenshots here:
http://www.signal11.us/~alan/openev.png (Screenshot from OpenEV)
http://www.signal11.us/~alan/globalmapper.png (Screenshot from Global
Mapper)

I don't currently have a pressing need to be able to view these
particular files, so consider this somewhat of a bug report, although
it's hard to say what kind of data I may need to view in the future.

Alan.