[Gdal-dev] gdal_merge MemoryError

michael buerge mbu at endoxon.com
Thu Aug 18 09:12:33 EDT 2005

hi

I'm having problems joining several images using gdal_merge.
Python throws me a MemoryError. The offending file (part2.tif) is fairly
big (1GB), the error is caused as soon as gdal_merge tries to start
copying from it so I'm assuming it is related to the size. The parts
(part[0-3].tif) were created using gdal_translate.

beeing a newbie in using the gdal utilities (as well as python, for that
matter) I'm pretty stuck and any pointers that help me solve this issue
will be greatly appreciated.

system-info and the output of the command I'm trying to run are included
below.

Michael

system:
Win XP, 2G RAM
GDAL 1.3.0.0b1, FWTools 0.9.9, released 2005/08/15