[Gdal-dev] 1.3.0 no worky on SuSE 9.0

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 19:26:08 EDT 2005

On 8/23/05, Curt, WE7U <archer at eskimo.com> wrote:
> > g++     -c -o gdalopeninfo.o gdalopeninfo.cpp
> > In file included from gdal_priv.h:237,
> >                  from gdalopeninfo.cpp:36:
> > gdal.h:234: error: syntax error before `(' token

Curt,

Normally when I see these syntax errors on gdal.h:234 (the
first use of the new CPL_STDCALL symbol), I assume it relates
to picking up old GDAL include files.  But your compile line
has essentially no arguments (no include directives, etc).  I
guess it must be picking up old include files from /usr/local/include.

But the real question is what went wrong with the configure
that would screw up all the normal options (like -I../port).
We used to get this problem with old versions of the mysql-config
script which would screw up the configure script and cause it to
not complete properly.

However, that was all fixed up some time ago.  Perhaps something
similar to that has come up again.

If you feel like helping me track it down, we should re-run the
original configure and see if we can see anything odd in it's
output (or in config.log).