[Gdal-dev] adding gcp's

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 17:01:57 EDT 2005

On 8/23/05, Bart van den Eijnden <bartvde at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> so will this generated file work with Mapserver (my experience is that it
> would not show up with Mapserver)?

Bart,

You are correct that MapServer does not currently support rasters
with only GCP georeferencing.

> Is the only way to work around it add a tfw or TAB file?

As Vincent suggested, you can use gdalwarp to rectify the image
and produce something that can be used in mapserver.   You could
add a .tfw file since you clearly have an affine transformation for your
two control points.