[Gdal-dev] GMU WCS Server supports netCDF

Denis Nadeau denis.nadeau at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 18:01:07 EDT 2005

Frank,

Netcdf now support UTM and LCC.
TM projection works fine with WCS data from NWGISS server .

I have checked for uniform grid spacing in projected values at three places
in the image:
left, middle and right
If I establish that spacing is uniform accross the map, I enable the
GeoTransform,
otherwise it stays disable.

But I need help with LCC metadata found in the test file RUC.nc.
I used osr.SetLCC1SP with STD_PARALLEL as dfScale. (Probably wrong...)
I just don't know what to do with these values for Lamber Conformal Conic :

standard_parallel=25
longitude_of_central_meridian=-95
latitude_of_projection_origin=25
GRIB_earth_shape=spherical
GRIB_earth_shape_code=0

You can see that False_Easting an False_Northing are missing so, I set them
to 0 which is probably wrong too.

Finallly, for latitude/longitude data, I use WKT "WGS84".
(I also check for uniform grid spacing as before ...)

Regards,
Denis