[Gdal-dev] Memory Leaks

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 13:46:56 EDT 2005

On 8/30/05, Ned Harding <nharding at extendthereach.com> wrote:

> Thanks Frank...
>
> Is there any harm in calling CPLCleanupTLS in a thread and then using that
> thread again?  Will it make new structures?  If so, that will make it easy
> for me to reference count.

Ned,

Calling CPLCleanupTLS() at a point other than thread cleanup is
discouraged.  I'm not aware of any serious issue that it would cause
now, but it might not always be that way (and I may missing something).

> Otherwise, is there any harm in calling it if it has never been initialized?

There is no harm in calling it with nothing previously initialized.

> And finally, has anything been done in OGR post 1.3 that would be risky for
> production code?

Not that I can think of.