[Gdal-dev] RE: GDAL netcdf convention CF support

Ron Lake rlake at galdosinc.com
Mon Aug 22 14:10:41 EDT 2005

Hi,

This would seem a natural extension to the OGC WFS specification.  Note
that GML incorporates (under features):
Coverages and support for time (as well as temporal reference systems)
and dynamic features.  Extending MapServer to being a WFS that supports
these features would be a good place to start.  You can likely go some
distance with the existing WFS spec.  What is needed of course is
support for 1) temporal data types (MapServer extension) 2) temporal
operators (WFS extension) ..

Cheers

Ron