[Gdal-dev] Building with Visual C++ 2005 Express

Mateusz ?oskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Dec 30 16:32:42 EST 2005

Quoting Simon Perkins <sy at perkins.net>:

> The library atlthunk.lib doesn't appear to exist anywhere on my
> machine. Doing a google search reveals some articles which suggest
> that the ATL libraries are not included in visual c++ 2005 express,
> and that I should install a full version instead. Discussion at:
>
> http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/showpost.aspx?postid=64509&siteid=1

I'm not sure but I suppose that GDAL stuff related to ODBC/OLE DB etc.
requires ATL.

Express edition does not include ATL library.
But there is the light in the tunnel.

Windows Template Library by Microsoft (http://sf.net/projects/wtl) is strongly
based on the ATL and WTL hackers managed to use WTL with VC++ Express :-)

Here is thread posted to WTL group on Yahoo!:

Simply, you need to downlaod and install Platform SDK + you need to do some
small hacks. There is a step by step instrcuction in the post above included.
I hope it will help you.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Łoskot