[Gdal-dev] thinplatespline compile problem

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 16:41:59 EST 2005

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:35:55 -0500, Gillian Walter
<gillian.walter at atlantis-scientific.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried compiling with the latest cvs, and I had to add:
>
> #ifndef FLT_MIN
> #define FLT_MIN 1.17549435e-38f
> #endif
>
> #ifndef FLT_MAX
> #define FLT_MAX 3.40282347e+38f
> #endif
>
> to the top of thinplatespline.cpp to get it to compile.  It seems
> FLT_MIN/FLT_MAX are not always defined by the default headers.

Gillian,

thinplatespline.c is supposed to be picking these up in either
float.h or values.h based on:

#ifdef HAVE_FLOAT_H
#  include <float.h>
#elif defined(HAVE_VALUES_H)
#  include <values.h>
#endif

The logic to define HAVE_FLOAT_H or HAVE_VALUES_H was added
to the GDAL configure somewhat recently.  Note that a cvs update without
re-running configure will miss this.  Any change that is what you did?

If despite all these there is still a case where FLT_MIN and FLT_MAX
are not defined feel free to commit such a change.   Just verify the problem
isn't that you didn't rerun configure.