[Gdal-dev] gDAL --> DIB

Alain Rist ar at navpoch.com
Tue Feb 8 19:18:47 EST 2005

Hi Bruce,

As Frank says all that is done by GDALCreateDib is call poDataset->GetRasterBand()->RasterIO() and cleanly fill a DIB with the result of these calls.

How RasterIO deals with size shrinks is a GDAL problem ;-)

BTW there is a (very) small bug in the code I posted at http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.gdal.devel/2269/ . If someone requests I can post an updated version.

The XP GDI+ library is much more powerful than GDI. If you write a CGdalImage class derived from CImage, I will be glad to use it.

cheers
AR