[Gdal-dev] georeferencing aster level 2 data

Vincent Schut vincent at ecovla.nl
Tue Feb 15 10:09:08 EST 2005

Hi all,

I thought that gdalwarp was able to georeference aster level 2 data (the
ast_09 on demand data from the eos data gateway), however, whatever I try, I
can't get gdalwarp to recognize the corner coordinates (get an error saying
that no gcp's were found). Any idea? Their are UPPERLEFT, UPPERRIGHT,
LOWERLEFT and LOWERRIGHT metadata items in the hdf files (.hdf0 and .hdf1).

Of couse I can write a script that extract the corner coordinates, attaches
them as gcp's to a vrt file, and warp this file, but if I could do this in
one run using gdalwarp it would be much nicer.

Thanks,
Vincent.