[Gdal-dev] define block size for GTIFF

Xiaodong Zhang zhang at aero.und.edu
Thu Feb 24 23:08:09 EST 2005

Hi,

We're using GDAL to read in a binary raw image (already in projected format)line
by line and wrtie out as a GTIFF image after SetGeoTransform and SetProjectioin
using:
for (j=0,j<Yvalue;j++){
fread(rowData,sizeof(float),Xvalue,inFile);
poBand->RasterIO(GF_Write,0,j,Xvalue,1,rowData,Xvalue,1,GDT_Float32,0,0);}

I'm wondering how can I set a block size and how to use it. Will that be faster
than what I'm doing now.

Also I know GTIFF has an option of compressing image, does GDAL support that?

Thanks
Xiaodong