[Gdal-dev] GDAL and ODBC >= 3.52

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 09:44:09 EST 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:18:35 -0600, David Herring <dherring at mohicam.com> wrote:
> This patch allows me to compile against ODBC 3.52, but a 'real' fix for
> all GDAL users is slightly more complicated since the new types SQLLEN
> and SQLULEN are not defined in ODBC <= 3.51.
>
> I've downloaded ODBC 3.51 and 3.52 and am working on a patch to
> configure.in and related files which I'll submit for consideration if
> Frank or others feel it might help.

David,

Rather than trying to detect this in configure, it is possible to
figure out where
we are in a pre or post 3.51 version right in cpl_odbc.cpp?

I have an ODBC 3.51 sql.h here that defines the ODBCVER macro.
It would seem we should be able to determine whether we need 3.52
versions of stuff based on a check like:

#if ODBCVER > 0x0351
#else
#endif

If you can prepare and test a patch based on that I would
be pleased to apply it.