[Gdal-dev] Memory leak related with reference counting

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 16:11:17 EST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:57:10 +0100, Marek Brudka <mbrudka at aster.pl> wrote:
> Hi,
>     Should I report this bug some other way eg. using bugzilla? I ask
> because I do not know the
> the rules of GDAL developement.

Marek,

Yes, it would be better reported via bugzilla.  The
problem with bug reports on the list is that if I don't
hop on them immediately they are easily forgotten
forever.

In any event, I am aware there are dangers with the
current references count for spatial references and
OGRFeatureDefns, but I am not likely to make any
immediate changes.  The obvious changes are likely
to cause other bugs in code written to the current
behaviour.  But having a bug report on the issue in
Bugzilla would be helpful to track the problem.  Also,
if you have run into this problem in "real world"
situations, it is helpful to outline that.