[Gdal-dev] ECW Source SDK Available - Linux Binaries Prepared

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 26 01:07:20 EST 2005

Folks,

The long awaited release of the ECW SDK from ERMapper has finally arrived,
and I have built the code for Linux (with gcc 3.3).  The building is a bit
tricky, so I thought it might be of interest to some folks to have pre-build
binaries for linux.  I have put them at:

   http://gdal.org/dl/ecwsdk-3.1.25Jan05-linux.tar.gz

I *think* this should work with gdal 1.2.5.  I have also used it with the
current GDAL ECW driver code which requires the features of version 3.1.
It worked, but I needed to commit a few fixes, so if you want to use the
latest stuff make sure you get the nightly snapshot that will be prepared
in a few hours or use GDAL straight from CVS.