[Gdal-dev] cannot build grass plugin in gdal - still

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Fri Jul 15 14:28:38 EDT 2005

Hi

Still I can't build the gdal-grass plugin in gdal. I'm following what the
README says - and nothing.

I have GDAL and GRASS61 (both fresh cvs) installed properly in their
standard locations.
GRASS61 in /usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs and GDAL in /usr/local.

I enter the GRASS format dir in GDAL:

[trawiarz at quercus src]$ cd gdal/frmts/grass/pkg

Configure like the README ther says:

[trawiarz at quercus pkg]$
./configure --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for g++ -shared ... yes
user supplied gdal-config (/usr/local/bin/gdal-config)
using /usr/local/lib as GDAL shared library autoload directory
checking for G_asprintf in -lgrass_gis... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile

Commit make:

[trawiarz at quercus pkg]$ make
make: *** No rule to make target `grass57dataset.o', needed by
`gdal_GRASS.so'.  Stop.

Where's my error?

Maciek