[Gdal-dev] Re: [FWTools] GDAL/ORG S-57 & S-63 encyption?

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 10:31:09 EST 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 07:05:33 -0800 (PST), s duclos
<sylvain_duclos at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> The info is at http://www.iho.shom.fr/
> under publication/downloadlist
>
> Here is a cut&paste of the S-63 section of that
> page:
>
> S-63 (Free)     IHO Data Protection Scheme (Ed 1.0 Oct
> 2003)
> English
> Français
> Español         240
>
> (Appendix 1) Test Data
> (Appendix2) Software Kernel
> S-63 Data Server Agreement
> S-63 OEM Agreement
> S-63 SA Certificate
> S-63 Guidance Notes

Sylvain,

Thanks.   I see it is the Primar system I read about before, possibly
with some updates.

James - if you read over the OEM agreement, you will see that to
be approved would require committing to securing the software
in question so that users cannot (practically) get at the underlying
S-57 data.

They very specifically do *not* want applications like OGR having
access where our goal is to capture as much of data model as possible
and translate to other formats (or even back to unencrypted S-57 format).

No real point in asking I would say.