[Gdal-dev] GDAL hanging on TIFF operation?

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Mon Mar 7 11:24:02 EST 2005

Frank et al. -

I seem to have done something strange with my build config to cause this
problem.  I have been building GDAL with external TIFF and GeoTIFF
libraries (mainly for rather old, historical reasons).  Although I did
nice clean rebuilds of everything, and things looked fine, there was
clearly some inappropriate interaction or bad build karma going on (the
GeoTIFF code was hanging trying to allocate 0 bytes to read a line from
the epsg_csv file.

Since my "historical" reasons aren't really relevant any more, I
reconfigured GDAL to use the internal libtiff and geotiff libraries, and
the problem went away.  I still need to investigate the problem so I
understand what went wrong, but this is clearly a user error.

Thanks for the help, Frank.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
TopoZone.com