[Gdal-dev] Re: GDAL 1.2.6b5 - Release Candidate

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 12:11:13 EST 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:01:28 +0100, uli mueller [geOps]
<uli.mueller at gmx.ch> wrote:
> Hi Frank
>
> I installed GDAL1.2.6b5 with ECW-support on LINUX. However gdalinfo as
> well as gdal in a MapServer application hang when accessing ECW files.
>
> gdalinfo produces the following output (before I have to CTRL-C):

Uli,

I have also been experiencing this intermittently since upgrading to the
Feb ECW SDK 3.1 SDK beta.  In the Jan beta I had fixed a race
condition in the ECW SDK code.  I haven't had time to check if the fix
made it into the Feb beta or not.  I did see something in the ERMapper
SDK forums about them hunting for a locking issue so I was hoping
a new beta might come out with a fix without my having to do any
further work.  I would add that tracking down the earlier locking
face condition was alot of work!

So, I don't *think* the problem is GDAL itself, and with some luck it might
get fixed by ERMapper without further intervention on my part.  If not, I
will definately follow up on it after I dig out of other (much overdue) work.