[Gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.2.6 Released
fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 23:50:24 EST 2005
I am pleased to announce the release of GDAL/OGR 1.2.6. The new
release can be downloaded from:
Signficant improvements and changes in this release are mentioned
in the NEWS entries below.
GDAL 1.2.6 - Overview of Changes
- Added -sds switch to copy all subdatasets.
- Added Thin Plate Spline support (-tps switch).
- Now uses two level block cache allowing efficient access to files
with a very large number of tiles.
- Added support for YCbCr color space for raster band color interpretations.
- Added AdviseRead() method - currently only used by ECW driver and OGDI
- New driver for the raster format of the ILWIS software.
- Updated to use ECW SDK 3.1 (older ECW SDK no longer supported!)
- Added JPEG2000 support driver based on ECW/JPEG2000 SDK with a variety
- Added support for reading *and* writing JPEG2000 compressed NITF files
using the ECW/JPEG2000 SDK.
- Added ICHIPB support.
- Add support for georeferencing from some additional metadata formats.
- Fixed bug with multi-band HDF-EOS datasets.
- Driver can now be built as a plugin on win32.
- Split out MrSID 3.x SDK support - not readily buildable now.
- Implemented accelerated IO cases for MrSID 4.x SDK.
- Support for writing MrSID files added (improved?)
- Fixed bug reading some large multiband Imagine files.
- Added support for writing compressed files.
- Added versioning information to GDAL DLL.
- Only return a reduced grid of control points.
IDA (WinDisp4) Driver:
- New read/write driver for the Image Display and Analysis raster format
used by WinDisp 4.
NDF (NLAPS) Driver:
- Added NDF/NLAPS read driver for version 1 and 2.
- Added support for the Metosat Second Generation raw file format.
- Added support for offset/scale being saved and loaded (special metadata).
- Added Cylindrical Equal Area.
- Added PROFILE creation option to limit extra tags.
- Updated internal code for libpng to libpng 1.2.8.
OGR 1.2.6 - Overview of Changes
- Added support for autoloading plugin drivers from ogr_<driver>.so.
- Geometry, and Feature now take care of their own reference counting and
will delete themselves when unreferenced. Care must still be taken to
unreference all features before destroying the corresponding
- ogr.Feature fields can now be fetched and set directly as attributes.
- Geometry contructor can now take various formats (wkt, gml, and wkb).
- Added docstrings.
- Added better __str__ methods on several objects.
- Various other improvements.
- Re-wrote generic spatial search support to be faster in case of rectangular
- Intersects() method now really uses GEOS. This also affects all OGR
layer spatial filtering (with non-rectangular filters).
- Added SetNextByIndex() method on OGRLayer.
- Automatically generate +towgs84 from EPSG tables when translating to
PROJ.4 if available and TOWGS84 not specified in source WKT.
- Updated GML CRS translation to follow OGC 05-011 more closely. Still
incomplete but operational for some projections.
- Added support for FIPSZONE State Plane processing for old ESRI .prjs.
- Added Goode Homolosine support.
- Added GEOS (Geostationary Satellite) support.
OCI (Oracle) Driver:
- Added GEOMETRY_NAME creation option to control the name of the field to
hold the geometry.
- Fixed some problems with truncation for integer and float list fields.
- Added support for MapServer style spatial index (.qix).
- Improved support for 3L0 (GML 3 - Level 0 profile) reading and writing.
On read we can now use the .xsd instead of needing to build a .gfs file.
I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at pobox.com
light and sound - activate the windows | http://pobox.com/~warmerdam
and watch the world go round - Rush | Geospatial Programmer for Rent
More information about the Gdal-dev