[Gdal-dev] NITF and colorinterp

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 14:33:22 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:16:39 -0800, Peng Gao <pgao at esri.com> wrote:
> Thanks Frank.
>
> Converting to RGB is what I am hoping for. Seems like the null pixel block
> is caused by compression. I can't find compression info. Here is
> the dump from gdalinfo:

Peng,

Dang, I see the GDAL metadata does not include the compression
code.  I have committed a change to nitfdataset.cpp to include reporting
the IC and IMODE values as metadata.   If the file is JPEG compressed
you should see it as IC=C8.

Also, do you not get any error message issued when you get NULL
back from the GetBlock() call? When I issue "gdalinfo -mm test.ntf"
on the commandline for a JPEG compressed file I get the following
message:

ERROR 6: Unsupported imagery compression format C3 in NITF library.